Threads Deleting Themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads Deleting Themselves

I've gotten many reports of threads just disappearing. I know its not my staff deleting them since its mostly in this forum that no one is mod of. And i know its not my SMOD since his thread got deleted and got mad. Its been doing this quite often. What can i do?

It doesn't make any sense that threads are just disappearing. Are you 100 percent sure that a moderator isn't doing it?

Comment

Cary, is there a log that can be checked (or setup)?

Comment

In vBulletin 2, no. (unless you have the moderator logging hack installed)

This is a feature in vBulletin 3, however.

Comment

I do not have a moderator in that forum (where the threads are just.. deleting themselves). And my SMOD hasnt done it either, i mean, he was mad that his thread got deleted. this all happened when i moved servers. :/

Comment

Are you threads still disappearing? Is it possible that you:

1) made a backup of your database (and left your board open)
            2) You restored your database to your new server, while people were still making posts/threads on your old server?

Comment

Hmm.. now that you mention it, i do have a cron job making a backup every night at 3AM. But the thing, the threads that get deleted are usually about 2-3 weeks old. So if it was the cron job, and someone was making a thread or whatever during the same time as the cron job is working, wouldnt the thread that the person is making get deleted? Not the one that was made a long time ago?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X