Fatal error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal error?

I'm not actually installing this forum myself but have someone doing it for me. However seeing as they're on the otherside of the world (and in bed at the moment) I wondered if anyone could easily identify the problem that is coming up here:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in /home/.sites/22/site31/web/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Line 38 reads:
    $this->link_id=mysql_pconnect($this->server,$this->user,$this->password);

He says there is a problem with mySQL support from my host: my host says there is nothing the matter and I sucessfully run another vbulletin board with them.

Please help, this is taking ages to install!

Make sure the details from the config.php are setup correctly. Like the username, the password, the database name and the host. Confirm with your hosting provider that those details are correct.

Also, make sure the original vbulletin files that belong to your license number for that instance are uploaded in the right type, ascii or binary as suggested in the installation instructions.

I am not saying you are or aren't, but I am sure you understand that you are allowed to run one instance per license.

Comment

It sounds like your host does not allow persistent connections. Set this option to '0' in your config.php file and try again.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

When I change this to '0' I get the same error message but it now refers to the same error but on line '40'

??any ideas??

(thanks for your help)

Comment

Actually the error on this line should be slightly different. I'm afraid this means that PHP is not compiled with MySQL support. You will need to ask the host to recompile PHP with this support.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X