X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have version 2.3.

I have Avatars enabled and the below are clicked yes:

Allow uploads
    Allow user to upload their own custom avatar if they have enough posts?

Allow website uploads
    Allow user to upload their own custom avatar from another website if they have enough posts?

However, when someone (including me) puts in a URL the image doesn't appear (or it's broken when I know it's a valid URL).

I don't want anyone to be able to actually UPLOAD an avatar, but I want them to be able to submit a URL where it sits on there server if they chosoe to do so. How do I fix this?
    Paula

Originally posted by gsk8
    I don't want anyone to be able to actually UPLOAD an avatar, but I want them to be able to submit a URL where it sits on there server if they chosoe to do so. How do I fix this?
    You can't do this in vB. You can only allow then to upload an image to use, or they can use one of the avatars you provide via the Admin CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You can't do this in vB. You can only allow then to upload an image to use, or they can use one of the avatars you provide via the Admin CP.
      I see. So in order to do this, I have to have enable........?

I guess I'm confused by the two distinctions. Upload and Upload by web....
      Paula

Comment

Either method uploads the avatar to your database where it will reside.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X