Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parent forum not having a colored border

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parent forum not having a colored border

    Hello Everybody.

    A new guy here. I have limited HTML skills and this one is a set up problem. I am trying to enter a second parent forum and it is not getting the border that the first one is. I know it is something very simple when setting up the forums, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

  • #2
    I don't understand what you mean. Do you have a URL or can you explain more?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I don't understand what you mean. Do you have a URL or can you explain more?

      Yes, It's lawncafe.com

      Youwill notice that landscaper forums is highlighted and Equipment Forums is not.

      I also want to make the buttons a different color. I don' have photoshop loaded on my puter.


      Dave J.

      Comment


      • #4
        This appears to be from a template modificatuion you made. What does it look like with the defrault templates?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

        Steve Machol Photography


        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Steve Machol
          This appears to be from a template modificatuion you made. What does it look like with the defrault templates?

          That is the default template, I believe. When I go to modify templates the default template comes up only.

          Comment


          • #6
            The 'default' template is not the same thing as the original templates. Either create a new style set along with new replacement and template sets and check your forums with that, or revert all the Forum Home templates back to original in the default template set.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

            Steve Machol Photography


            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


            Comment


            • #7
              just a wild stab in the dark here, but it looks to me like you want the Equipment Forums to be a catagory and the Trailers forum to be inside that catagory

              i believe you need to make the Equipment Forums forum a catagory before you get it to look like you want........

              if you get what i mean lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by phill2003
                just a wild stab in the dark here, but it looks to me like you want the Equipment Forums to be a catagory and the Trailers forum to be inside that catagory

                i believe you need to make the Equipment Forums forum a catagory before you get it to look like you want........

                if you get what i mean lol
                I have made the equipment forums a parent forum and the trailers a sub forum.

                Comment


                • #9
                  yes but do you want people to post in the equipment forum or use it as a catagory?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by phill2003
                    yes but do you want people to post in the equipment forum or use it as a catagory?

                    I want to use it as a category. Just like Landscaper Forums.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by davej
                      I want to use it as a category. Just like Landscaper Forums.
                      thought so....

                      ok go into the admin cp click on modify forums, then edit the equipment forum and tick this (as per picky) it should do what you need...
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by phill2003
                        thought so....

                        ok go into the admin cp click on modify forums, then edit the equipment forum and tick this (as per picky) it should do what you need...

                        When I go into the panel. I click on modify (under forums and moderators) and all I get is modify forums with all the forums in order with an update order button and reset button below.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by davej
                          When I go into the panel. I click on modify (under forums and moderators) and all I get is modify forums with all the forums in order with an update order button and reset button below.


                          WORKED!!!!


                          Thanks! I had to actually modify that specific forum.


                          DUH. lol

                          Thanks Phil. I owe ya.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            once you are there (update order button at bottom), click 'edit' next to the forum you want to modify. the category selection is there

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by davej
                              When I go into the panel. I click on modify (under forums and moderators) and all I get is modify forums with all the forums in order with an update order button and reset button below.
                              ok follow these steps and pickys...

                              1 click modify forums (pick1)

                              2 click edit the forum of your choice (picky 2)

                              3 tick no on will act as forum option (picky 3)
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X