Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent forum not having a colored border

Hello Everybody.

A new guy here. I have limited HTML skills and this one is a set up problem. I am trying to enter a second parent forum and it is not getting the border that the first one is. I know it is something very simple when setting up the forums, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I don't understand what you mean. Do you have a URL or can you explain more?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I don't understand what you mean. Do you have a URL or can you explain more?

Yes, It's lawncafe.com

Youwill notice that landscaper forums is highlighted and Equipment Forums is not.

I also want to make the buttons a different color. I don' have photoshop loaded on my puter.

Dave J.

Comment

This appears to be from a template modificatuion you made. What does it look like with the defrault templates?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          This appears to be from a template modificatuion you made. What does it look like with the defrault templates?

That is the default template, I believe. When I go to modify templates the default template comes up only.

Comment

The 'default' template is not the same thing as the original templates. Either create a new style set along with new replacement and template sets and check your forums with that, or revert all the Forum Home templates back to original in the default template set.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

just a wild stab in the dark here, but it looks to me like you want the Equipment Forums to be a catagory and the Trailers forum to be inside that catagory

i believe you need to make the Equipment Forums forum a catagory before you get it to look like you want........

if you get what i mean lol

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003
                just a wild stab in the dark here, but it looks to me like you want the Equipment Forums to be a catagory and the Trailers forum to be inside that catagory

i believe you need to make the Equipment Forums forum a catagory before you get it to look like you want........

if you get what i mean lol
                I have made the equipment forums a parent forum and the trailers a sub forum.

Comment

yes but do you want people to post in the equipment forum or use it as a catagory?

Comment

yes but do you want people to post in the equipment forum or use it as a catagory?

I want to use it as a category. Just like Landscaper Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by davej
                      I want to use it as a category. Just like Landscaper Forums.
                      thought so....

ok go into the admin cp click on modify forums, then edit the equipment forum and tick this (as per picky) it should do what you need...
                      Attached Files

Comment

thought so....

ok go into the admin cp click on modify forums, then edit the equipment forum and tick this (as per picky) it should do what you need...

When I go into the panel. I click on modify (under forums and moderators) and all I get is modify forums with all the forums in order with an update order button and reset button below.

Comment

When I go into the panel. I click on modify (under forums and moderators) and all I get is modify forums with all the forums in order with an update order button and reset button below.

WORKED!!!!

Thanks! I had to actually modify that specific forum.

DUH. lol

Thanks Phil. I owe ya.

Comment

once you are there (update order button at bottom), click 'edit' next to the forum you want to modify. the category selection is there

Comment

ok follow these steps and pickys...

1 click modify forums (pick1)

2 click edit the forum of your choice (picky 2)

3 tick no on will act as forum option (picky 3)
                              Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X