Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to mass email "users awaiting email confirmation" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to mass email "users awaiting email confirmation" ?

Hi is there any way to mass email "users awaiting email confirmation" ?

I have a good 80 - 90 and doing it manually 1 by 1 is going to take forever.....

If anyone know a good way to do it let me know

thankyou

Miko

Use the 'Email Users' function in the Users section of the Admin CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I have the same question, and am still confused.

When I go to the "email users" section under "users", it says, among other things,

"In the message, you may use $userid, $activateid, $username and $email.

This is the string to use if you want to email the activation link to a member:..."

If I cut and paste the activation code into the box, and send it, does it automatically get sent to all the people waiting for email confirmation, and automatically generate a unique password for each?

Can you give me some step-by-step instructions, please?

Thank you!

Comment

I'm not sure what more instructions you need. You covered everything. By copying and pasting that supplied code this will send the email activation code and link to each of your members in the 'Users awaiting' group. Each email will have the code unique for that member.

Of course make sure you choose just this group to send it to. I made the mistake once of sending it out to all 2000_ of my members which thoroughly confused a bunch of them!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm not sure what more instructions you need. You covered everything. By copying and pasting that supplied code this will send the email activation code and link to each of your members in the 'Users awaiting' group. Each email will have the code unique for that member.

Of course make sure you choose just this group to send it to. I made the mistake once of sending it out to all 2000_ of my members which thoroughly confused a bunch of them!
          All my members (so far) are awaiting activation, so I guess that I don't need to choose any specific group? Is this right?

Is there a way for email confirmations to be sent automatically to each new registrant, without my having to do anything?

If I did need to specify which members received the email, how would I do so?

I admit that I am confused.

Thanks-

Comment

P.S. There was no need to send in a support ticket with the same question and complaining you didn't recieve an anwser yet. Most people would be happy to get an answer within four minutes of posting their question.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Larcenius
              All my members (so far) are awaiting activation, so I guess that I don't need to choose any specific group? Is this right?
              Not right. You need to send this to the people athat are in the 'Users awaiting' group only.

Is there a way for email confirmations to be sent automatically to each new registrant, without my having to do anything?
              I think you are confused. The only way this is even necessary is if you have turned on the 'Email verification' option in the vBulletin Options. And if you've done this, then the email is automatically set. If you haven't done this then no activation is required.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

P.S. There was no need to send in a support ticket with the same question and complaining you didn't recieve an anwser yet. Most people would be happy to get an answer within four minutes of posting their question.
                Sorry, dude- just too anxious for an answer, and didn't expect you to be right on top of things to such an extent. Great job. I am indeed very impressed with a four minute answer.

(In defense of my character, I wasn't complaining, though it may have seemed that I was. When I complain, there's no mistaking it).

Thanks to your professionalism, I don't anticipate having any complaints in this context.

Comment

thank you that did the job perfectly !

Comment

Not right. You need to send this to the people athat are in the 'Users awaiting' group only.

I think you are confused. The only way this is even necessary is if you have turned on the 'Email verification' option in the vBulletin Options. And if you've done this, then the email is automatically set. If you haven't done this then no activation is required.

I already admitted I was confused. No need to rub it in.

I do indeed have the "Verify Email address in registration" enabled.

But all of my members are still in the "users awaiting activation" usergroup.

I have not set up the email portion of my hosting service. Could this be the problem, (ie are the members not receiving an email because there's no email program to send one?)

Comment

I have not set up the email portion of my hosting service. Could this be the problem, (ie are the members not receiving an email because there's no email program to send one?)
                      Yes, that is exactly the problem. To send email you need to have a mail server and your PHP will need to be configured to use this mail server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi,
                        when i try to e-mail to all "user awaiting.. " in my dbase, after some
                        confirmed send I obtain the error below

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.0:
                        Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO useractivation VALUES (NULL,'1996','1058947405','44555889',0)
                        mysql error: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
                        mysql error number: 1136

and the process stops ..
                        Which is the problem ??
                        Thanks a lot

cu
                        May the force be with you.
                        http://www.satnews.tv.it

Comment

You upgraded from an earlier version of vB and did not run the upgrade23.php script. Run this script.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X