problem restoring my db using shh/telnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem restoring my db using shh/telnet

Ok I am using that moving servers guide but on step 3 when I am entering in the command it says No such file or directory.

This is the command I put in:

mysql -uUSERNAME -p newdbname < /home/public_html/killbox/mysqldump.sql

Is there anything I need to change in that? And I know I got that file in the right directory.

I'm assuming you use cpanel for your site. If that's not right, let me know. Add the part in bold below to the command. (of course edit it when your correct username)

mysql -uUSERNAME -p newdbname < /home/cpanelusername/public_html/killbox/mysqldump.sql

Comment

Ok I just tried that and now it says Enter password:

When it says that I can't type in anything so I pushed enter and then it says ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'newdbname'

This is my first time doing this so I don't know what is going on.

Comment

This error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
        $dbpassword
        $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X