Email Trouble??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Trouble??

Is there any way to configure the mail server that vbulletin uses to send mail??

I am running 2.3 on a dedecated Linux box running Plesk. I am using a third party email host so that I can offer free email to my members and for some reason vbulletin will not send email out. It seems to get hung in the server somewhere and does not make it out to the mail server. The old board I was using (UBB) had email settings to tell the board how to send mail.

I think the path to sendmail can be set, just not sure if you can set the host to sendmail.

If there are these options, it should be in admin control panel > vbulletin options.

Comment

vB uses PHP for it's mail functions. You need to configure PHP to correctly use the mail server.

Upload mailtest.php to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Using your email address as a test, what happens? Any errors? Do you get the email?

If you do not get the email then this is a server and/or mailbox issue. You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X