• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YaBB SE importer MySQL problem

Installed vBulletin 2.3.0

But when I use the admin function to import, this is what I get:
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.0:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM comparative-religion_com_-_yabbse.yabbse_members
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '-religion_com_-_yabbse.yabbse_members' at line 1
    mysql error number: 1064
    Date: Tuesday 15th of July 2003 10:59:35 AM
    Script: http://www.comparative-religion.com/...ort_yabbse.php
    Referer: http://www.comparative-religion.com/...ort_yabbse.php
    An immediate look at the error shows that the script URL is wrong - it's inserted an extra "forum" folder - if that's of any help.

EDIT -

Btw, when the importer was discussed in the pre-sales forum, Scott MacVicar made the comment:

regarding the YaBB encryption you'll have to make a small change to the file which handles login.
    I've no idea what may be involved here. I don't know php. Could Scott, or others, please advise what is required?
    Last edited by I, Brian; Tue 15th Jul '03, 3:19am.

go to your YaBB SE folder and open Settings.php

Look for
    $db_name and $db_prefix

make sure the values you enter match. You should find a yabbse_readme.txt which clearly explains the changes required.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hi there -

Apologies - yes - I was using the site admin name and prefix, which actually differs from the settings.php file.

But as for the readme - I found no readme files in the importers folder whatsoever. Would the readme be located somewhere else? I presume the code changes for the login would be in that file?

Comment

The importers.zip folder should contain the attached file.
        Attached Files
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the file - I'll get reading.

I'm positive that the importers folder downloaded from the members aera contained no readmes. Perhaps I caught it between updates?

Comment

Hm, checked the YaBB SE settings.php and it was just the db prefix I messed up on before. Now that I corrected it's still giving the exact same error.

Do my comments on the script URL have any relevance? There's a replicated folder in the URL: /forum/forum/

Or is that not a possible issue?

EDIT: Is it more preferable to use a support ticket? Or would you like a look at the actual .sql file?
            Last edited by I, Brian; Tue 15th Jul '03, 6:12am.

Comment

Would anyone be so kind as to make comment? As I'm new here I'm not quite sure how the entire support issue works.

Comment

I'm not familiar with this import script. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'll perfom the import tommorow if you provide FTP details and phpMyAdmin access as well as the username / password you would like for your admin account.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thanks for that - and much appreciated. As you've invited the information I'll presume that it's acceptable to e-mail it to you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X