Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Are you really using this directory name - /path to/admin? If so, try renaming it to something without a space in it.

Parse errors generally indicate something wrong with the files. Reupload the original files again and make sure you upload in ASCII (except for images) and overwrite the ones on the server.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleCow
    replied
    I am now again getting a different warning like this :

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /path to/admin/install.php on line 452

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /path to/admin/install.php on line 452

And the line in 452 is :

echo "<p align=\"center\"><a href=\"install.php?step=4\">[ <b>NO</b>, DO NOT

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• PurpleCow
    replied
    I reuploaded the files in the admin folder and started to install. I get a totally new error and warning now like this :

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /path to/admin/install.php on line 819

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /path to/admin/install.php on line 821
    And those lines are :

819 :
    $explain[]="Creating table smilie";

821 :
    $query[]="CREATE TABLE style (

Thank you or any help

Cheers

Any help pls !

Leave a comment:

• PurpleCow
    started a topic Parse error in install.php !Need help !

Parse error in install.php !Need help !

Hello,

I am trying to install vB230 stable on my Linux VDS. But i am getting parse errors like this :

when i run in install.php file in my browser, this is the error i get :

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONCAT_EQUAL in /path to install.php/install.php on line 1574
    and the line 1574 in install.php is :

$template.="\$$setting[varname] =

someone help me pls !

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X