No announcement yet.

Parse error in install.php !Need help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parse error in install.php !Need help !

Hello,

I am trying to install vB230 stable on my Linux VDS. But i am getting parse errors like this :

when i run in install.php file in my browser, this is the error i get :

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONCAT_EQUAL in /path to install.php/install.php on line 1574
    and the line 1574 in install.php is :

$template.="\$$setting[varname] =

someone help me pls !

Thanks
    HostBubble : Web Hosting and Domain Names Marketplace ! Now open to post your Offers and Requests !

I reuploaded the files in the admin folder and started to install. I get a totally new error and warning now like this :

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /path to/admin/install.php on line 819

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /path to/admin/install.php on line 821
    And those lines are :

819 :
    $explain[]="Creating table smilie";

821 :
    $query[]="CREATE TABLE style (

Thank you or any help

Cheers

Any help pls !
    HostBubble : Web Hosting and Domain Names Marketplace ! Now open to post your Offers and Requests !

Comment

I am now again getting a different warning like this :

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /path to/admin/install.php on line 452

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /path to/admin/install.php on line 452

And the line in 452 is :

echo "<p align=\"center\"><a href=\"install.php?step=4\">[ <b>NO</b>, DO NOT

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Comment

Are you really using this directory name - /path to/admin? If so, try renaming it to something without a space in it.

Parse errors generally indicate something wrong with the files. Reupload the original files again and make sure you upload in ASCII (except for images) and overwrite the ones on the server.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve :

Only for security reasons, i removed the actual path and replaced it with Path to phrase. how could i use such a name, chief !

Okay, I'll upload the files again and try it out and post back, if i bump into problems again.

Cheers

Comment

Steve :

Okay, i deleted all the files and re-uploaded again. checked, I am still getting parse errors and warnings.

Some of the files, i uploaded again and again. But the errors and warnings doesn't stop.

I somehow feel the latest upload of the Vb script into the members section, does have soem problem. Okay, this is just my guess.
            Infact, i downloaded the latest release/available in the members section and thats giving me problems.

can someone help me ??

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCow
              I somehow feel the latest upload of the Vb script into the members section, does have soem problem. Okay, this is just my guess.
              Infact, i downloaded the latest release/available in the members section and thats giving me problems.
              I don't know what you mean. However if you are running a firewall program, temporarily disable any firewall software prior to accessing the Members Area. Then try the download again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am not running any firewall, chief.Infact, i have downloaded many times and installed the software vBulletin, i never had any such problems with installation before. Not even the slightest of problems. However, this is the first time, i am getting parse errors while installing vBulletin.

Sorry to put a blame on your software. It was my mistake. I am still getting those parse errors. Hopefully, I'll work them out with the help of my host.

Kindly give me some tips, as to where exactly could be the problem, so that i can work it out.
                My hosting account runs on :
                PHP v4.3.1
                MySql v4.0.13
                Any known problems with these version and vBullein installtion and its functionality ???

Thank you for your support.

Comment

There are no problems with those versions of PHP and MySQL, at least not anything having to do with parse errors like this. I'm afraid I've reached the limit of my meager knowledge about parse errors. As far as I know these are indication of specific problems with the PHP files themselves.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Actually, i have used two different FTP clients :
                    WS_FTP and LeechFTP to upload the vB files. yet, I have been getting these errors and not able to proceed with the installation.

can there be any problems with my hosting account, if any ??

Cheers

Comment

It's possible. Unfortunately I don't know what else would cause this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Is it a download problem or upload probem for me ??

Is there any problem, b'cos of the way, the ZIP download from the members area or is it a problem b'cos of the way the files are uploaded ??

Comment

can you upload phpinfo.php from the extras folder and place the link here.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

http://hostmarket.hostbubble.com/phpinfo.php

Scott that is the link to phpinfo.php !

Comment

The problem continues for me here : Not able to install.

This time, i tried to do it a different way using my shell access.

I uploaded teh zip file vbulletin.zip using ftp, unzipped it using shell command and then tried to install vbulletin and yet i get warnings and parse errors.

Thanks for any help here !

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X