Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guests Cant View My Board And I Want To.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No you just edit the forums and user group that you want to change the permissions for. If you case you will need to edit the 'Unregistered' permissions for each forum.

Leave a comment:

• Novadream
    replied
    Ok I was in the right place then earlier. But i can't figure out what i'm supposed to do in there? Do i have to set up a user group somewhere else?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions

Then edit the appropriate forum and user group.

Leave a comment:

• Novadream
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Set the forum permissions for each forum to disallow the 'Unregistered' group from viewing the forum.
    How do i do that? I can't seem to locate it since you never said where it was located.

Leave a comment:

• Novadream
    replied
    Sorry, i didn't mean to bother you with my curiosity. I thought you might have known that's all. I just like knowing the answers to things. I am very grateful for all of the help you have given me from the very beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I don't know why. I was just trying to help you by answering how it is done.

Leave a comment:

• Novadream
    replied
    How come there wouldn't just be a way to have all of my forums the same way? Why would i ever want to have a picture allowed in one forum and not in the next. Im pretty sure that the majority of vbulletin owners apply the exact same allowences to every forum. So this just seems like a tedious and needless way to organise my forums.

The long way is fine. just as long as i can do what i need to do. But it just seems like an odd decision not to include a method where all the forums can be given the same rules in 1 shot.

Thanks for the help

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You'll have to do it individually although I suppose you could write a query to do it. Don't know what that query would be though.

Leave a comment:

• Novadream
    replied
    Will i have to do this idividually? Or can i set this for every forum in 1 shot?

Leave a comment:

• Novadream
    replied
    K thank you. I will give it a shot!!

Will i have to do this idividually? Or can i set this for every forum in 1 shot?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Set the forum permissions for each forum to disallow the 'Unregistered' group from viewing the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Novadream
    replied
    What about this way instead:.. Guests can view my main index showing every forum there is. But if they enter they can't view the contents of the forum. That way they would know the stats of my site. But they couldn't enter one of the forums on the left.

How would i do that??.. Thanx.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You'll need to instal a hack to do what you want. Check over at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Novadream
    replied
    Well i want the guests to be able to make a decision on their reason for signing up. I'm sure that some people are reluctant to sign up on a board thinking that maybe 2 people and 6 total posts hide behind this wall.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    You don't want them to view your forum, but you do want them to view some statistics page?

vBulletin doesn't have a default statistics page ; so contact the author of that hack on how to allow guests to still view it, even if the option 'can view board' is set to 'no'.

If you want your guests to also view the board, set it to yes.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X