How do I send a email on new thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I send a email on new thread?

How do I set the defaults to send a e-mail to guys when a new thread is posted on forums they particapated in? I cant seem to figure it out

In the admin control panel, goto the forum manager and edit an existing forum.

There is an option to include an email address for new threads or new posts. Enter yours or whatever one you want.

If a new thread (or post if you have added it there to) has been created, an email will be send to that set email.

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Comment

The email option you mentioned is under the 'Moderation Options". If I have a moderator set-up for this forum then is there some way to set-up email notification after the new post or thread has been validated by the moderator? Otherwise a notification gets sent out to users saying that there is a new post but no one can get to it since it hasn’t been validated by the moderator yet?

Comment

Originally posted by candyman
        If I have a moderator set-up for this forum then is there some way to set-up email notification after the new post or thread has been validated by the moderator?
        This requires modifying the code. You can try making a request over at vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X