One problem down....vBulletin Control Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One problem down....vBulletin Control Panel

New one when I try to change anybody's information using the vBulletin Control Panel... I get this:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.0:

Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS users FROM user,usergroup WHERE user.usergroupid=usergroup.usergroupid AND usergroup.cancontrolpanel=1 AND user.userid<>
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064
    ------------------------

There's no " at line 1... the first few lines of users.php are:

<?php
    error_reporting(7);
    require("./global.php");
    adminlog(iif($userid!=0,"user id = $userid",""));
    ------------------------

Thanks for everything guys...just a little more before this entire thing is ironed out.

You need to upgrade to 2.3.0 to fix this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well now everything works one second then BLAMMO things go wrong. It might be because I was running repair.php but now I can only access the main forum but none of the groups inside:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.0:
      Invalid SQL:
      SELECT DISTINCT post.userid, IF(votenum>=2,votenum,0) AS votenum,
      IF(votenum>=2 AND votenum > 0,votetotal/votenum,0) AS voteavg, icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
      thread.threadid,thread.title,lastpost, forumid,pollid,open,replycount,postusername,postuserid,
      lastposter,thread.dateline,views,thread.iconid,notes,thread.visible,sticky,votetotal,attac h
      FROM thread
      LEFT JOIN icon ON (icon.iconid = thread.iconid)
      LEFT JOIN post ON (thread.threadid = post.threadid AND post.userid = '3')
      WHERE thread.threadid IN (0,10046,10314,7304,11981,12024,2705)
      ORDER BY sticky DESC, lastpost DESC

mysql error: Can't open file: 'post.MYD'. (errno: 144)
      mysql error number: 1016

Comment

You still need to upgrade to 2.3.0.

However your post table is corrupted. To fix this, upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Can I upgrade if I didn't renew my license?

And also, I ran repair.php and right afterwards EVERYTHING started messing up. Attachment.myd, post.myd, customavatar.myd all messed after I used repair.php...

Even so I ran it several times and still had many corrupt tables that didn't get the "Ok."

I think this is becaues they weren't the default size that they were supposed to be, and because my forums have been going for over a year things like post.MYD have gotten fairly large in size (some even over 120 mbs), so repair thinks that the filesizes are corrupt and so are the files, but its just repair thats messing up.

I'm currently re-uploading the un-edited/changed version of my dump.sql and am going to re-SSH it to the server...we'll see if that works.

Comment

You will need to have an active license in order to download the latest versions.

If this happened after running repair.php, then this means the database was so corrupted that it could not repair all the data.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X