Can't stay logged into admincp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stay logged into admincp

I type in the password and username, then it comes up with the login thingy again on both the main page and sidebar...

Once I do get logged in I click on a link and it logs me out, I cant even edit anything.

Assuming this is vB2, then fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, vb2, but I cannot do that since this is on a localhost.

Comment

It's either a cookie issue, something's wrong with your session table, or you have a faulty cookie domain and path setting.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well its useing the .(domain).com for the cookie domain and path to save cookies is /

But I can't change it because I keep getting logged out

Comment

Since you are on a localhost you don't have a domain name. You'll need to change it in the database. All settings are cached in the templates table:

SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options'

SELECT * FROM `setting` WHERE varname='cookiedomain'

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok, so I edited the cookie domain and left it blank this right?

Comment

Yes. You'll need to manually remove your cookies then try to access the Admin CP again. Then set the Cookie Domain blank in the vBulletin Options if it isn't already.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thank you for the quick and great support I'll go clear my cookies now, and try it again.

Comment

Well I opened the board, changed the cookie domain path in phpmyadmin but still keeps me trying to login......

Comment

Sorry without access to the server I don't know what else to say. This is still either a cookies issue, a bad session table or a bad cookie domaim and path.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Figured out the problem, had to change use board cookies to off in usercp.

Comment

I don't see how that would fix this but at least it's working now.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Wow, I was having this exact same problem and then it worked after I did this.

Weird.

Comment

Working...
                            X