Hacking???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking???

Please look at the attached image. All of these users are on the same IP Subnet (not necessarily same address), all are GUESTS, and some appear to be "editing" without being logged in.

Is this a hacker, or maybe a bot crawling for e-mail addresses or something like that???

What can I do about it.

BTW...vBulletin 2.2.9

Thanks in advance!!!

Dennis
    Attached Files

This has been mentioned many many times over the last few days. A search engine is actively spidiering a number of vB sites. They were on my site for over two days.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This has been mentioned many many times over the last few days. A search engine is actively spidiering a number of vB sites. They were on my site for over two days.
      Should I be concerned?

Dennis

Comment

I wasn't. I was remarkably calm the whole time.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I wasn't. I was remarkably calm the whole time.
          Oh, A Wise Guy eh? Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.

Will this constant access cause a performance degredation. For whatever reason, my forum is slow enough even when I'm the only one on it. I have not figured that out yet, but I certainly don't want it to get worse because some bot is crawling all over my site.

Comment

the bot is crawling your site for barely 2 seconds a page and going to a next one. the reason for this is it is trying to index your pages so they can be searchable from search engines such as google and yahoo.

Comment

Working...
            X