having some issues with hacking i believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having some issues with hacking i believe

ok now my forum www.tunercarz.com/forums has been going crazy with guests for hte last 4 hours

up and down from 8 guests to 24 guests and they all bare the same beginning ip

66.196.72.xx

is someone hacking me? or is it a bug of some kind?

i'm lost... how can 24 people have almost identical IP's?? my only thought was in a library or a school, but that's highly unlikely.

thanks in advance.
    -Mike

Digital Media Fusion<--Web hosting and design, cheap and affordable websites for all!
    Tuner Carz Forum .:|:.Tuner Carz.:|:.Dv6cougar.com.:|:.Midwest Neco

This has been discussed many times on these forums. It's one of the search engines spidering your site. They were on my forums for two days.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks for the fast reply Steve.

i did some searching after I posted, sorry i should have done that first and found that out.

that's crazy though, kind of wish they were guests lol and soon to be many new members
      -Mike

Digital Media Fusion<--Web hosting and design, cheap and affordable websites for all!

Comment

Originally posted by dv6cougar
        thanks for the fast reply Steve.

i did some searching after I posted, sorry i should have done that first and found that out.

that's crazy though, kind of wish they were guests lol and soon to be many new members
        may i ask why they spider ur website

wots it for etc :|

Comment

Originally posted by sambo01
          may i ask why they spider ur website

wots it for etc :|
          good question, no clue here.
          -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by dv6cougar
            good question, no clue here.
            DV6,

Good to see you again (old school NECO member here).

Ten to one odds that it is inktomi, right? They have been combing SpeedStreet.org for damn near a week now. Yahoo bought out inktomi and currently they use Google as there search engine technology. I've got even money that says that Yahoo is caching up for their new search engine launch, and they are doing EVERYTHING to try to make it as comprehensive as possible.

If it keeps up for much longer, I am going to be forced to ban that IP. It's not really worth all the overhead it is causing, as my site is already highly ranked on the search engines, and Inktomi's crawler isn't going to help any of us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X