Templates - Multiples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates - Multiples

I recently acquired a BB and am trying to understand what is going on....

When I expand the templates for a group I find several duplicate templates (e.g., home page templates will have 2 home_header and 2 home_footer templates).

Why are there two templates with the same name under a category, and how do they interact?

Are there good sources of information (online and offline) that would give me a jumpstart on how this BB works?

JB

Those templates were added manually and are not part of the default vB templates. You'd have to ask the original owner what they are there for and how they are used.

These forums are the best source of information about how vB works. Use the search function liberally and also check out the User Guide:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Those templates were added manually and are not part of the default vB templates. You'd have to ask the original owner what they are there for and how they are used.

These forums are the best source of information about how vB works. Use the search function liberally and also check out the User Guide:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/
      I understand they are user modified / added templates and I can review the content of the template to see what they do.

What I am trying to usderstand is how VB handles multiple templates that are named the same.

Jack

Comment

I honestly don't know. However no custom templates are used unless they are called by one of the php scripts or in phpinclude. Check phpinclude to see if any of these templates are used. If not, then you need to search for these templates in the php scripts that the previous owner modified.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It looks as if the individual template pages are stored in the forum's MYSQL database in the "template" table.

I also have 2 extra copies of certain template pages that were accidentally created when I ran an archive script three times because I wanted to reinstall a vb archives add-on...

I am planning on deleting the duplicate MYSQL rows for the archive, but I wonder if anyone knows if this might cause a negative effect?

Are there any additional references in MYSQL to these templete pages other than the rows that contain the template information in the "Tamplate" table?

Thanks for your help.
          www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/community
          www.russianmeetingplace.com/forums/
          www.russianmeetingplace.com/russianforum/
          www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

By the way, this thread was almost a year old. I don't think this is an issue anymore.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X