Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Thanks guys!

If I were a hot babe I'd blow you all a kiss, but since I am a now, a simple thanks a whole bunch will have to do!

Max

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    if you login with your ftp, you see

/
    /public_html
    /and more

directories,
    make a dir backup in the / (root) and then you have
    /home/authorz/backup/
    now users can't browse to it. only you.
    Now, chmod backup dir to 777 and then goto backup tool from vbulletin and let it write to
    /home/authorz/backup/forum.sql
    it will work then
    and much more secure.

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    And don't get the idea and set /admin/ to 777 . If you are on a shared server, a hacker could just get /admin/index.php , insert some malicious SQL code and put it back.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    As it says in the instructions, make sure the directory is set to chmod 777

Leave a comment:

• Icheb
    replied
    I think PHP is not able to write to the file because PHP can't write to the directory.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic vB Backup featur error

vB Backup featur error

I tried to dump my vB db to a file and I get this at the top of the page:

Warning: fopen(./forumbackup-07-05-2003.sql) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/authorz/public_html/forums/admin/backup.php on line 264
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS access; CREATE TABLE access ( userid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, forumid smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL, accessmask smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL, KEY userid (userid,forumid) );
    Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/authorz/public_html/forums/admin/backup.php on line 268
    and the rest of the data is shown in my browser...

Max
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X