newbee ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbee ??

If I set a user up in the moderator group and then as a moderator in a forum how is this different then setting a user up in the registered group and then as a moderator for a forum.

If a user is a moderator for a forum and that forum requires all post/threads to be validated by the moderator, does that moderator just login to the main board to validate the new threads so they are visible to other users or do they need to login to the Admin page?

Sorry just a little confused?

1. I don't understand the question.

2. They can either login to the forum (Admin Options box) or the Mod CP to moderate threads.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think for the first question they want to know how assigning a registered user to a forum is different to assigning a moderator there.

As I remember (and I haven't done this for a very long time) assigning a registered user to a forum moves them to the usergroup 'moderators'. In any case I know they have moderative power where they're assigned so essentially ARE moderators there.

The alternative ideal would be to get an error saying "you cannot assign this user because they are not a moderator. Do you wish to change their usergroup to 'moderators'?" That's not what happens though.

Comment

Sorry... didn’t know about the Mod CP. Let me play with it a bit and see if I can answer my own question re #1

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X