Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this guy trying to hack my forum?

Hi
    When I looked at the online users list this showed he was accessing the area in the screen dump below, was he trying to hack me or am I just paranoid?

Using vBulletin Version 2.3.0 with no hacks installed.
    And there are no moderators on my site and I am the only admin.

Cheers Chris
    Last edited by crichmond; Sun 13 Jul '03, 3:06pm.

/\/\/\ bump /\/\/\

Does anyone know?

Cheers Chris

Comment

Yes, and it seems as though he may have gotten in. This is a bug that has been fixed in vB3, but until then, many boards are vulnurable.

I suggest you tell every member you have to change their password and passwords and email addresses may have been collected, and since many users use the same password all over, it might create a problem.

Comment

Its a link in the profile page and I think he must just have clicked it as he would have been redirected to the admin panel to enter his details if he had permission and the location would have shown Admin Panel instead.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

i'm having this exact same problem

is there a way to mass change everyone's passwords immediately to a default and then have them log in and reset it?

www.cocteautwinsforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            Its a link in the profile page and I think he must just have clicked it as he would have been redirected to the admin panel to enter his details if he had permission and the location would have shown Admin Panel instead.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply, but why would any link in the profile page link to the moderator.php page when I dont have any moderators on my website, the only person that has any rights at all is me as administrator. Surely this means that other users should not be able to see any links for admin or moderation, I did check my own profile as admin, and logged out and setup a new account as a normal user but I still could not find a link to moderator.php in the profile page, or in fact anywhere even when logged on as administrator. However I assume I am looking in the wrong place, or just dont know which link it is that connects to moderator.php.

Also I dont want to have to ask all members to change their passwords as I have only just upgraded the forum to VB as it has been running on phpbb for 2 years, and at least 1/2 the members had the logon problem associated with internet explorer saying you are not logged in with it not accepting third party cookies when I upgraded.

Cheers Chris

Comment

There is no securty holes in vB2 that would allow anyone to gain access to your forum.

If you look at a persons profile at the very bottom of the page there is a link which says Adminstrative Options. That is the link which has been followed.

You have no need to do anything.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I was just kidding...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X