No announcement yet.

How do I add a Column in the Signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add a Column in the Signature?

I have some forum members who have a lot of credentials to include in their Signature. We try to limit the Signature to about 6-8 lines.

So I'd like to add a column in the signature, where the member can have his/her name, address, website on the left side, and have their memberships and credentials on the right side (in a column).

If this is an html item, please provide me with the code so I can include it with the VB code I use for the signatures.

David

DAVID COPELAND
    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
    Celebrating 20 Years with VB

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, but you can add custom profile fields which will store his/her name, address, and there is already a profile field for their website. Hope this helped.

Comment

Below is a forum link to a public topic where a member has his signature coded for three (3) columns:

http://www.dvdcouponpost.com/vbullet...213#post105213

The User Name is Kennyboy, and his signature has the following columns:

1) USA Flag
      2) His web links
      3) A Vote for Us Banner.

Plus, he has a nice watermark background of multiple flags.

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

That site allows HTML in it's posts so it's a good bet that it allows it in sigs too. You can view the source of this page to find out the exact code he used.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

View the source of the that page, search for kennyboy, and you'll see the html code used.

btw, allowing html in a sig is not recommended.

<edit>Too slow </edit>
          Lats...

Comment

Does the new Ver 3 allow to selectively turn on or off the HTML for individual members or User Groups (such as Admins)?

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

No it doesn't.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X