Interesting Dbase Error...Requesting Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Dbase Error...Requesting Help

I have a user that when he tries to log in, he get a dbase error. Funny thing is it shows him logged on, but cannot ever log out. I tried to delete the user from admin cpanel, but it doesn't show him registered. If you try and register that username, it says that name is already in use. I have run repair user table and tried repair.php. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas???? Thanks in advance. Mark

<html><head><title>The Sportbikes Website Database Error</title><style>P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}</style><body>
    <!-- Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS messages FROM privatemessage WHERE userid=
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
    mysql error number: 1064
    Date: Sunday 29th of June 2003 09:13:18 AM
    Script: http://www.sportbikes.ws/index.php?
    Referer:
    -->
    </table></td></tr></table></form>
    <blockquote><p>&nbsp;</p><p><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the The Sportbikes Website database.</b><br>
    Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:sp.com">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote></body></head></html>

he doesn't have a userfield entry

INSERT INTO userfield (userid) VALUES (USERIDHERE)
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Can you expand that alittle. I'm still trying to figure all this out. Thanks for your replay. I really appreciate the help. VB support is second to none.

Comment

ok find the userid of the person in question, i'll call it X at the moment.

Run the following query
        INSERT INTO userfield (userid) VALUES (X)

that should fix it for him
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

All fixed . Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X