Importing from PHPBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from PHPBB

We just recently bought a license for vb and I've imported from our phpbb forum. The first issue is that some of the threads don't show up on vb. Second, the user counts are wrong. I can handle that manually. I didn't get any error messages from the importer. I also ran all the updates in the correct order specified in the documentation. Do I need to run that rebuild search index again?

Also, I imported just for the admins at our current site to test. I would want to re-import from PHPBB again just before we go live with vb. What would be required to re-import?

You can't really reimport very easily since this will create duplicates of the data you've already imported.

The other issues should have been taken care of when updating the counters. As for the missing threads, are you sure you have set the maximum view age for those forums?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry I'm responding so late. I thought I would get an email when someone replied. You are correct, all of my threads are there. I didn't know about the maximum view age but I found it. My user's counts are off though and I haven't figured out why yet.

Comment

I apologize, I'm still learning about this software. I figure out why my users post counts are off. Not the fault of the import, just my lack of memory. The import routine counts the post for each user but after we moved to phpbb, we had to manually correct some counts.

I do however have another question. Does vbulletin display avatars by rank or do I need a hack for that? I've created titles and they work. I also uploaded avatars and specified counts for those, but the board doesn't display even though I have avatars enabled.

Comment

Avatars by post count should work. Did you enable custom avatars in the vBulletin Options?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, custom avatars was not enabled. Since we couldn't get the rank avatars to work, we decided to allow custom. Thanks for responding.

I've also noticed something else. I found that when I click to go to the last post posted from index.php, it'll take me to someone else's post even though it is listed correctly on last post.

Also, I need a bit of advice. Should I backup the database from vbulletin or mysql? Is one way better than the other?

Comment

Working...
            X