Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: How do I backup with just........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: How do I backup with just........

How do I backup my forum, using the export using phpmyadmin so that I just get the user accounts etc.. so I can wipe and do a clean install then have my members back on the site?

basically what fields to I select? I just want the user accounts so members can start using the forum again, but with out all the hacks and other stuff I'm installed on my forum..

Structure and data etc?

thanks
    Robert - Music is my caffeine!

You will need to backup the compete user and userfield tables at the minimum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Use the data dump. If you have added hacks to the user table, then a structure dump will preserve the hacked fields which isn't what you want. Select only vBulletin fields in that table if you have added extra fields. After you wipe your database and run the install script, you can execute that sql file to restore your users. As Steve said, make sure you backup your user and userfield tables. That should work. We don't support this method though.

It would probably be easier to use phpmyadmin to remove your database hacks. Then upload the original php files to remove your file hacks.

Comment

thanks for the reply...

now the fun is keeping users happy while I do this
        Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X