Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Login

Hi,

I've tried this post over at vbulletin.org and got no replies. I wonder if anyone can help.

How do I automatically log users into VB?

I have an existing site with a login (not PHP based) and want users to use VB without having to enter a second username and password.

I have already been able to add records to the user table in the vBulletin database and write some of the cookies that seem to be needed (bbuserid, bbpassword etc.). However a login is still prompted. I'm guessing its something to do thei the cookie sessionhash. If it is does anyone know what's stored in sessionhash so that I can create it myself?

Any help, pointers welcomed.

This reqiures hacking. You'll need to ask again over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah, the replys over at vb.org can be slow, just keep waiting and bump the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        This reqiures hacking. You'll need to ask again over at vbulletin.org.
        Thanks for your reply - any particular forum more likely to get a reply, I'm kinda desperate, and have searched through what feels like hundreds of threads.

Comment

Not sure where you posted, but try in Hack Requests. You might have to wait a few days until you get a good response. If you don't get any response, you might want to consider PMing someone on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian406
            Not sure where you posted, but try in Hack Requests. You might have to wait a few days until you get a good response. If you don't get any response, you might want to consider PMing someone on the board.
            I posted in hack requests about a weeks ago.

Maybe I can re phrase the question. If someone can point me to the .php file where the code is that logs you in I can see exactly what is going on and work around it myself.

Is that a question for "over here" or "over there" I'm a bit unsure of where I ought to be.

Comment

That question didn't stand out very much. If i hadn't read your first post, I wouldn't know what was going on. I would post it over at vb.org, but try rephrasing it.

Maybe something like this. On my website, I have a system that allows users to login. I would like to intergrate that into the vbulletin backend, so it allows users to login to my site, and the forum using one username and password.

That's just an example, but you have to be descriptive, otherwise people will tend to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X