Ranks and Images..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranks and Images..

Hey..I just switched from phpBB to vB, and everything went well (much smoother than I expected). Anyway, I have several questions: Does an administrator have to type in /admin/, or is there a link somewhere? We can't find it..Also, I've rebuilt most of the ranks, but I don't know how to make a "special" rank that no one can obtain, and I don't know how to associate an image (stars) with a rank. Thanks for the support,

-Andrewski

Have a look here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71964
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
      Thanks, that answers the image thing...anyone know about special ranks?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski
        "A special rank that no one can obtain"..

I'm not sure what that means, unless you are reffering to differnt usergroups?
        With usergroups, you can basically create new ones, and add whoever you want to them, and set it so members "can't obtain" that rank.
        Is this what you mean?

If so: Admin CP-->User Groups-->Add

As for your 3rd question...By default there is no link to Admin CP on forumhome or anything like that, but it's fairly easy to add.
        Have a look here:
        http://www.vbulletintemplates.com/mo...?threadid=2051
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Do you mean a rank a user must be manually put into?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
            Do you mean a rank a user must be manually put into?
            Yes, exactly. I did it with phpBB, and I want to have everything pretty much the same before I open the new forum.
            EDIT: If I install hacks, will it mess up templates and stuff that I download?
            Andrewski
            Last edited by Andrewski; Wed 25 Jun '03, 8:41pm.

Comment

Yes, exactly. I did it with phpBB, and I want to have everything pretty much the same before I open the new forum.
              EDIT: If I install hacks, will it mess up templates and stuff that I download?
              I think we are talking about the same thing then (different usergroups, see my post above)

If you install hacks you will need to change various templates, files, etc, but as long as you make a backup of everything, you should be fine. It won't "mess up" anything, assuming you do it correctly.
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

So..what's the Admin CP link "modification"? A hack? Anyway..I meant rank, I had both user groups and Ranks on phpBB and we had special ranks (Retired Admin ect) that we had to manually add in the cp, but it was only for individual users.

Comment

So..what's the Admin CP link "modification"? A hack? Anyway..I meant rank, I had both user groups and Ranks on phpBB and we had special ranks (Retired Admin ect) that we had to manually add in the cp, but it was only for individual users.
                  Yeah, I get what you are saying...What you could do is go to Admin CP, and create a new usergroup ("Retired Admin", "V.I.P." or whatever) and then manually add users to that specific usergroup. You could also specify whatever title, image, etc. that you want.

The link I posted is a simple template modification, that will do as you requested. (link for admin CP)
                  There are many available, that was just one I used in this case as an example.
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

Comment

Yeah, I get what you are saying...What you could do is go to Admin CP, and create a new usergroup ("Retired Admin", "V.I.P." or whatever) and then manually add users to that specific usergroup. You could also specify whatever title, image, etc. that you want.

The link I posted is a simple template modification, that will do as you requested. (link for admin CP)
                    There are many available, that was just one I used in this case as an example.
                    It would be easier and more efficient to cut-down on usergroups to just edit the individual users in the admin cp and add them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                      It would be easier and more efficient to cut-down on usergroups to just edit the individual users in the admin cp and add them in.
                      There are many many ways to accomplish what he asked.
                      It all depends on his situation, and how he wants to go about it
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

There are many many ways to accomplish what he asked.
                        It all depends on his situation, and how he wants to go about it
                        Well..I managed to do it by enabling custom titles, and requiring 99999 posts before a user can change it. Anyway, I have another question: how do I enable avatars? I can't find it in the user cp, and I can't enable it in the admin cp.

Comment

Well..I managed to do it by enabling custom titles, and requiring 99999 posts before a user can change it. Anyway, I have another question: how do I enable avatars? I can't find it in the user cp, and I can't enable it in the admin cp.
                          Admin CP-->Avatars-->Enable Avatars-->[yes]

After that, slect the avatar:

UserCP-->Edit Options-->Avatar-->[change avatar]
                          Attached Files
                          Vile
                          Last edited by Vile; Thu 26 Jun '03, 10:27am.
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X