• Show
Clear All

• Dexterity
    replied
    Thanks, Steve. That fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The attachment problem is because your PHP is not configured correctly. You or your host needs to enable file uploads by adding this line to php.ini:

file_uploads = On

You'll need to restart Apache after making this change.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. Run this query and post what you see:

Code:
    SELECT * FROM template WHERE templatesetid = -1 AND title = 'options';
    2. Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem the upload problem.

Leave a comment:

• Dexterity
    started a topic Control panel unable to save options

Control panel unable to save options

I recently moved my VBulletin 2.30 installation and forums to a new server, including migrating the database and reinstalling the software. The forums appear to work just fine, except that I'm unable to change any options in the control panel under "VBulletin Options." If I alter any of the options on that page and then click, "Save Changes," the changes aren't saved -- the next time I visit the page, the options remain unchanged, even if I hit refresh. I can also verify that the options aren't being saved since the new options don't take effect. I still get the usual, "Thanks for updating the options" message with no errors though.

I am able to successfully edit other options of different control panel pages, such as editing user info.

Another symptom I'm experiencing is that users are unable to post attachments, even though the current settings allow them to. If you try to post an attachment, it seems to go through, but when the post appears, no attachment is listed as all -- it's as if an attachment was never included.

All of this functionality was working just fine before I migrated to a new server.

The forums are located at http://forums.dexterity.com/

What might cause a problem like this?