• Show
Clear All

• candyman
    replied
    gotcha...thanks for the clarification

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    User1 needs to be in a user group that has permission to post in Forum1. The ability to post threads is not a moderator permission, but a group permission in this case.

Leave a comment:

• candyman
    replied
    Not sure I understand why this is happening then.

I have a number of users(user1, user2..etc) that I have put into the Registered User Group. In FORUM1 I have changed permission settings(FORUM PERMISSIONS-REGISTERED) and taken away the Registered User Groups ability to post threads etc. Then I have made user1 from the Registered User Group a moderator for this forum (FORUM1) and given only the moderator the ability to post threads etc.

Problem is that user1 can't post threads etc because of him/her being in the "Registered User Group" even though that one user has permission by being a moderator for that forum.

Am I missing something or have something set incorrectly?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Moderator permissions are independant of user group. The "Moderator" user group is there for convenience, but you can have moderators in different user groups if you want different moderators to have different permissions.

Leave a comment:

• candyman
    started a topic User groups and moderators?

User groups and moderators?

Not sure if this is the case or not so I'm just looking for some clarification.

If I register a user in the Registered User Group and then add them as a Moderator for a particular forum lets say FORUM1. Outside that forum, let say FORUM2 where they haven’t been set-up as a Moderator are they still in the Moderator User Group with moderator rights or are they still in the Registered User Group where they were first set-up?

Hope this is making sense.