Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to download all attachments from the database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to download all attachments from the database?

I have about 22,000 attachments in my database, is there any way I can download them all to my computer to view in a photo program such as Paint Shop Pro?

No, sorry. This is not a feature in vB.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, this is a feature availible in vB3.

Comment

If it is a feature it's a well hidden one. I can't find it.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here ya go Steve...

In the AdminCP [Attachements > Attachment Storage Type]. From there you should be able to figure it out. You just supply the path to store the files. Once you do that, you could download them all, or tar them, then download the tar.

Comment

Oh, that way. That's not quite the same thing as having a function in the Admin CP to do this, but it does get the job done.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

So if upgraded to vB 3 Beta 3, all attachments would be converted to files? Would they save as jpgs, gifs, etc?

Comment

No, no...once the files are in the database, you have the option to convert them to files. You don't have to.

Comment

I found a hack that does what I am looking for, it imports files from the database to an attachments folder which you can then backup.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=35744

Comment

I'm using that hack too now. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X