Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding more member info on profile

hi
    i would like to add some more info to my members profiles when they post .such as what they drive etc. right now its just where they live and their avatar.i'm very new to vb so please explain it in simple terms.i would greatly appreciate it.thanks rich

example below:

City, State: Madison, WI
    Bike: FZR600 race, R6 soon to be race
    Ride with: Dells Crew
    Best Stunt: Pass on the outside/inside/anywhere there's room

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=75005

Do that as many times as you need =)

Comment

thanks for the response but i dont know what they are talking about.could you break it down step by step.where do i find that area in vb etc.thanks rich

Comment

Translation of Steve's method.

1: In your AdminCP, create a custom profile field.
        2: In the templates section of the AdminCP, edit your postbit template to include the new field like so, but replace x with the custom profile field number.

Bike: $post[fieldx]
        Ride With: $post[fieldx]
        Best Stunt: $post[fieldx]
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

sorry i'm still lost.would it be possible to call you and have you walk me thru it.i think i'm close to doing it but missing something along the way.this is driving me nuts already.heres my e-mail if you want to e-mail me your #.or if you could explain where to find these things in more detail.i would greatly appreciate it.thanks rich

[email protected]

Comment

OK i'm still lost.i can find the postbite template but i dont know where or what to insert.i tried entering sled: $post[field4] after post code and the name sled ends up going into the blue space dividing the replys. is there anyone that can help me.its a simple thing i'm sure but its driving me nuts.could someone cut and paste what it should look like? thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X