Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't mass e-mail my members. 40 registered only 6 mails go out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't mass e-mail my members. 40 registered only 6 mails go out...

I am trying to mass e-mail my members, but when I do it, the system only seems to send out 6 mails. But I have around 40 members.

In the sign up form, I took out the option to tick to reciveve or not recieve e-mails, is this causing the problem? I did it after a few days of setting up, so maybe the 6 who get mailed are those when this field was included.

my site is at www.jewishcomedy.net

Any advice please.

Leslie

Check the profiles of the ones who are not getting the emails. I'll bet they have 'receive email from admins' set to 'no'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I looked at a couple and yes that was was it said.

But I thought if I remove the option then people are automatically defauted to recieve.

How can I make it that if the sign up then getting e-mails form mass mailing Admin is automatic?

Leslie

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Check the profiles of the ones who are not getting the emails. I'll bet they have 'receive email from admins' set to 'no'.

Comment

You will need to run this query to change it for existing users:

UPDATE user SET adminemail =1;

You'll need to edit the registreradult and modifyoptions templates to set this default to yes and hide that option. Others have posted explicit directions on doing this in the forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks for that info, but where exactly do I do this. I have tried searching for this info, but can't locate it.

So, where and how do I run that query?

And where and what on those templates do I need to change???

Leslie

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You will need to run this query to change it for existing users:

UPDATE user SET adminemail =1;

You'll need to edit the registreradult and modifyoptions templates to set this default to yes and hide that option. Others have posted explicit directions on doing this in the forums.

Comment

You run that query in phpMyAdmin. As for the template changes I don't know them offhand but it's easy to fuigure out if you know HTML.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I think this will work. In registeradult, replace this:

Code:
              <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?</b></normalfont></td>
              	<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>
              		<input type="radio" name="allowmail" value="yes" checked> yes
              		<input type="radio" name="allowmail" value="no"> no
              	</normalfont></td>
              with:

Code:
              <input type="hidden" name="allowemail" value="yes">
              You may have to play with this a bit.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

But doesn't quite answer my question. I have 40 members but only 6 seem to be mailed. That means somehow the other 34 are not being mailed. I don't have any option when people registering to be included in mass e-mail or not. Therefore, what file do I need to edit for existing members to make them all included in mass e-mail. Also, on the registratin from I don't have the e-mail quesiton at all, based on your answer, I assume then I need to include this:

But again, what about all the other members?

Comment

That is what the query I posted earlier is for. it changes this setting for your existing members.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

well, I added the code to the page

I set up a new test user and then did a mass e-mail and still the test user e-mail address did not get sent the message.

This is really annoying me

All I want to do is mass e-mail my list!

How is it set as default

Comment

what I have done as a short term solution is to only have this in the code

<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?</b></normalfont></td>
                      <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>
                      <input type="radio" name="allowmail" value="yes" checked> yes
                      </normalfont></td>

So that it says Yes as default, ut would be bice is there was a way to have this in the page without it being visable to the user.

Also, I have manually updated all the users to recieve e-mails, thankfully with only 40 it was easy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X