Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Download the 2.3.0 zip file and follow the upgrade instructions:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html

Leave a comment:

• subu1
    replied
    hi friends, i have the same problem, i want to upgrade from 2.2.6 to 2.3.0 germany.

i thing i can download a upgrade script or i need the vb 2.2.7 2.2.8 and 2.2.9

ich have a lizenz now i want to work

thxx and greetz

can help me everybody

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes you'll lose your hacks. For help in reinstalling them, follow the instructions in the appropriate hack threads at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• kennyf355
    replied
    Originally posted by Cary
    When you upgrade, you'll lose any hacks that you have. There were tons of file changes since 2.2.6, so it'll be hard to save them.

If you're upgrading to vB3 now, you'll need to upgrade to 2.3.0 then delete all of vB2's files - then run the vB3 upgrade script. (before you attempt to do that, backup your database)

Errr, I'll loose ALL of my hacks?

Mind helping me?

Leave a comment:

• Cary
    replied
    When you upgrade, you'll lose any hacks that you have. There were tons of file changes since 2.2.6, so it'll be hard to save them.

If you're upgrading to vB3 now, you'll need to upgrade to 2.3.0 then delete all of vB2's files - then run the vB3 upgrade script. (before you attempt to do that, backup your database)

Leave a comment:

• kennyf355
    started a topic Upgrading to 2.3.0 from 2.2.6 (Help)?

Upgrading to 2.3.0 from 2.2.6 (Help)?

Hey guys,

I am not very good on the computers (thats an understatement)- and I want to bring my board (http://www.exoticcarforums.com) to 2.3.0 so when the final release of 3.0 comes out we'll be ready. I downloaded the 2.3.0 installer and it has all the files that I see I already have in my FTP account- like index.php etc- everything- and I have a few questions- can I upgrade to 3.0 without replacing the previous files- I am guessing if I upload all the files in the "upload" folder then it'll erase my old folders, no?

That being said- I don't want to loose the tweeks my old admins have done- I think they're quite cool. Any chance people could either a) help me install this without ruining my site lol, or b) explain it so well that I couldn't possibly fudge this up.

The people who help will get free ExoticCarForums.com stickers! (Yes I know you guys want them soo badly).

Thanks!

-Kenny Herman
    [email protected]
    AIM: captanobvs
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X