Hacker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker??

I have a closed vB - no new registrations allowed. Well there is a person who is getting in and she claims to be "hacking in." Is this possible or does she have someone's password?

Does anyone have any tips for figuring out how she's getting in and stopping her? TIA!

depends which version you have running, there is a way in with vb2.2.9 and before (iirc) but i havnt seen anything about 2.3.0 or vb 3 yet.....

i would allow registrations but moderate them for a week or so, also turn off showing images make them be a url instead so if you are getting redirected to a cookie grabber with it you know

Comment

How do you know she's getting in ?
      Do you know her ip ?
      did you check SL ?

Comment

It's a closed, private community - we don't want any new registrations...

How do you know she's getting in ? Because she's quoting threads and bragging about it.
        Do you know her ip ? Yes and I've run a search in vb admin but it doesn't come up - maybe she's using a masker?

did you check SL ? No...

Comment

Do you know if one of your members is Telling her the info ?

heres an idea, it's a hassle but:
          try Making a verification Password to ur vB
          like having

it be

http://vburl.xyz/ and a Verification box will come up,
          change that pass everyday or hour or so, by automating it and having it email a new pass to there email each hour or day.

then let your forums be
          http://yourvBdomain.xys/sub/

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMommy
            It's a closed, private community - we don't want any new registrations...

How do you know she's getting in ? Because she's quoting threads and bragging about it.
            Do you know her ip ? Yes and I've run a search in vb admin but it doesn't come up - maybe she's using a masker?

did you check SL ? No...
            What version are you running?

If its not the latest one, then upgrade.
            Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

SillyMommy, to get vB support on these forums you first need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum. Thanks.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's the thing, we don't know whether we're helping a valid customer or not....

Comment

When they are posting in the wrong forum like this, then just ask them to post in the correct one.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, done. Yes, I'm a valid customer, I just wasn't sure where I needed to go to prove it and I'm not sure what section this post should be in?

I'm running version 2.3.0

Comment

Thanks. Moved to the correct forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X