phpBB Conversion Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB Conversion Problems

I have been having quite a few problems with my vb board.
    I tried to use the convertor on it, and it says everythings fine. Then I do the things it tells me to do (Rebuild search index etc) but when I go onto the board, there is nothing in the last post column for any of the forums.
    And if I go into the forums, and set the filter to 'The beginning' I get all the threads, but it doesn't say who started them or who did the last post.
    Also, some of the members don't have proper ranks.
    Has anyone else had any trouble?
    If its just me, maybe a vB Dev could pm me and carry out the conversion for me?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matt

I don't have a solution for you, but losing the last post information seems to be quite common with conversions....

Comment

Did you use the official import script from the Members Area? If so, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The problem is, I'm just testing with a old backup from the phpbb forums, and then on thursday night, I will close them down, and get an up to date backup.

So you may have to do it twice, once now, and once on thursday. Or, you could do it now, and then type out step by step instructions to get it all working fine.

Comment

We do not do the import for you. We are available to help with any problems you have thugh.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Its ok now, I wrote a couple of scripts which find the last post in each of the threads then enter that data into the db. Then I updated the counters and it all works fine now.
            Thanks anyway.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X