BUG: Max post count per user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG: Max post count per user

Hi, this may already be addressed (or maybe in version 3)...

Seems like user's postcounts are based on a 16-bit variable and thus the max postcount a user can have is 65536.

Can be duplicated by setting a user's post count to 65537+ in the admin cp. 65536 is all that will be displayed in the forums and it will not increment upon posting.

Additionally you can test by setting the post count to ~65534 and posting a few times. The count will not go higher than 65536.

You can return your post counts to the proper values by running the counters re-sync from the admin cp.

Thanks,
    Brian

You might consider pruning posts then
    But definitely might be an issue
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe the max was 65535.

65536 is the size of the variable, but if you start counting from 0, the max will be 65535.

So everything I posted above should be subtracted by 1.

Comment

well gotta wait for a dev to look at it. Probably an easy way to fix it is to change the alter the MySQL table properties.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Heh yeah... on a vB forum I visit, one user has more than 100.000 posts, and they had to change something in the MySQL table for it to work (can't remember what exactly).

Comment

I'm having the same problem here, after upgrading to 3.5.4.
            Some users have a "posts:" field right in the same field for the location.
            So they have:

Location: USA Posts:10,000(this number never changes no matter how much they post)

I think this should easily be fixed running a query.
            Can somebody help?

Thanks!

Comment

This thread is 3 years old and relates to a vb2... maybe you should post a new thread with the details of your problem in the appropriate forum?
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X