Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candyman
    replied
    Steve thanks for your patience and quick response. I’ll do some digging and maybe try posting a question to the MySQL board on vBulletin’s Community Forum.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You need to create a mysql user and password and assign that user to this database. I can only suggest you visit the MySQL home page for instructions on doing this:

http://www.mysql.com/

Leave a comment:

• candyman
    replied
    Hey Steve
    I changed $dbusername to root and left the $dbpassword blank and it worked. I think this is the default user that is made during the MySQL installation process. Once I changed this it worked and I'm currently at the step that allows me to set up the options for my board.

As this dosen't sound like a very secure way, do you know how I might change the default root password for MySQL and should I use a different username password combination other then the admin one for my board?

Hope this makes sense. This is the first time with PHP and MySQL so I have a big learning curve.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If there is, I don't know what it would be. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• candyman
    replied
    I manage the box myself. (intranet)

$servername currently is 'localhost'

is there a way of checking users for MySQL from the DOS commmand to verify if this is a permissions problem?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You'll need to ask your host for the correct info.

Leave a comment:

• candyman
    replied
    I followed the doc's on the mysql site; 2.1.2.3 Starting the Server for the First Time and it tested properly. Think its a username issue but I'm not familiar with MySQL to know how to trouble shoot it?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    First, change $servername back to 'localhost'. If you still have this problem after that, this error means either:

1. One or more of the following is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
    $dbpassword
    $dbname

If you are unsure of what the appropriate values are then you will need to ask your web host.

2. Or that this db user is not assigned to that database or does not have permission to access MySQL to create a database. You may need to first manually create the database and assign the db user to it. Since each web host is different, if you do not know how to do this then contact your web host for help.

Leave a comment:

• Katana Myronson
    replied
    You may have either A) Not installed mySQL properly, or B) Entered the mySQL DB information incorrectly.

Leave a comment:

• candyman
    started a topic Install Problem?

Install Problem?

When I run the install.php and it gets to the "Attempting to attach to database..." page I get the following error:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

Click to go to the vBulletin website

PHP Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: Permission denied in E:\myweb.com_root\forums\admin\install.php on line 305 PHP Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in E:\myweb.com_root\forums\admin\db_mysql.php on line 38 PHP Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in E:\myweb.com_root\forums\admin\db_mysql.php on line 47
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have installed MySQL and set it to run as a service, which it is doing, but I must be using the incorrect username or something? Any pointers?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X