Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikonboard to VB - Suggestions Please

Hello

Just bought my copy of VB and have installed it. I am currently running a forum powered by ikonboard 3.1 Before I go on I will point out I am fully aware that a 3.1 importer isn't currently supported and also that I have plowed my way through the forums looking for answers. So I am not niavley asking for a program to do this. Judging from what I have read I am assuming a 3.1 converter is a long way off yet.

What I am asking for is advice on a round-a-bout way of getting my members and posts into VB. Is it possible for me to import my ikonboard database into third forum and convert it via that? If so which forum should I install to do that? Or could I even go backwards and convert my 3.1 database to a 3.0 and then import it?

I only want the members and posts, nothing too special. I hope there is a way of acheiving this.

You're right, you won't get any support here, but I'm sure there are methods you could use. Are there converters from Ikonboard to a different forum so that you could use a supported importer?

Comment

I guess I'm going to have to go and find out.

God I can't wait to be free of ikonboard

Comment

Wohoo I've done it, wasn't that difficult either!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X