Relocating the /admin/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating the /admin/

It's become quite the problem on my board - from hackers to style rippers wanting to go the extra step of even trying to steal my custom control panel - of people trying to access the /admin/.

So, I wanted to know if relocating the /admin/ (or even changing the name altogether) is as easy as 1,2,3 (meaning that I can just do it) or would I also need to make changes to thousands of other templates as well.

I hate the fact that everyone knows your admin location and I'd like to just totally obliterate this problem by moving and renaming it to something else altogether.
    Dameon White, Lead Designer
    InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
    vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
    09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!

Open each of the .php files with notepad and search for /admin/ and replace it with /new_admin_name/

Comment

cool thanks. That's not that bad...
      Dameon White, Lead Designer
      InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
      vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
      09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!

Comment

Even better: open ALL your .php files at once in EditPlus2 or a similar editor, and do a search-replace on "All Open Files" and you'll be done instantly.

You could do it through grep and pipe and less in unix without having to open anything, of course, but that's a major hassle compared to the above ^_^

Comment

Is it that easy? I don't think so.. There's a lot of links that are hardcoded into the style that point to /admin.

In vB3 though, you won't have to worry about that.

Comment

Working...
          X