MySQL Error! What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Error! What should I do?

I am getting an error and have run the repair.php script at least 5 times. I have backed up the database using the forum admin, but when I try to dump it from PHPMyAdmin the server times out.

What is the fastests & most reliable way to restore my forum? Do I need to revert to a 10 day old backup? Should I try and salvage the DB by restoring from the recent backup to a different db name? Your help is GREATLY appreciated!
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 2.2.6:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT userid,username FROM user WHERE userid=2670
    mysql error: Got error 134 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Tuesday 10th of June 2003 11:04:41 PM
    Script: http://www.MyForum.com/forums/index_bak.php
    Referer:
    sigpic

Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

REPAIR TABLE user;
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

When I run that I get the following error:
      handler for the table doesn't support check/repair
      sigpic

Comment

What version of MySQL is running? You will need to change the table type of the user table from ISAM to MyISAM (providing your MySQL allows it). You can do this also in phpMyAdmin. Once you do this, repair will work.

You should also change all your other table types to MyISAM, except for session which should be HEAP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am running MySQL 3.23.54.

Was this setting changed in an upgrade after 2.2.6? I need to upgrade, but have so many hacks (arg). But I am going to have to do it before going to v3.0.

When I try and change the setting of the user table to MyISAM I get the following error:
          Error
          SQL-query :
          ALTER TABLE `user` TYPE = MYISAM
          MySQL said:

Duplicate entry '2635' for key 1
          sigpic

Comment

In this case the table types are established by your MySQL, not vB.

I don't know why you are getting this error. I believe this may a unique problem in your version of MySQL which treats 'user' as a special case and doesn't allow you to change this table. I've seen one other case like this.

Did you try doing this in the 'Options' tab'?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yep, and then I tried to delete the row it was talking about. I got the same message. Should I restore to my backup?

Thanks a ton for your help!
              sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't do this just yet. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

just use the mysql_convert_format script

in ssh telnet type:

Code:
                  mysql_convert_table_format --user='username' --password='password' dbname
                  also check the owner and group and file permissions on the actual ISAM files and folders
                  :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                  :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X