clock problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clock problem

My vBulletin message board says GMT is currently 11:53 A.M. which is wrong. This vBulletin board currently says that it is 7:53 GMT which is correct. How can I fix this? Thanks, Hilary

in admin cp, vbulletin options, date time options set the time offset accordingly so you get the correct time

I think its gmt + 4 off the top of my head

Comment

Originally posted by JAWilliams
      in admin cp, vbulletin options, date time options set the time offset accordingly so you get the correct time

I think its gmt + 4 off the top of my head
      Thank you but that won't help because the problem is that GMT itself is wrong. For Example- I am PST which is GMT -8. If I set it to GMT -8, at 12:00 p.m., it tells me that "all times are GMT-8. The time is now 8:00 a.m." when it should say "the time is now 4:00 a.m".

Comment

I don't see how that can be. You need to set the timezone in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on. Then each user needs to set their local timezones in the User CP. If you do this correctly, then the correct times will appear.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X