Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I allow the user name to show the profile when clicked in showthread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I allow the user name to show the profile when clicked in showthread?

Hi,

Pretty much the title says it all.

How do I allow the user name to show the profile when clicked in showthread? I want it so that when users are reading threads, they can simply click on the user name shown above their avatar and have it go to their profile.

Similar to how the forum reacts when you click on a user name in the forum home, under "Last Post", etc.

Please let me know, thanks!

Requires u to template hack the postbit template.

ACP > Templates > Expand > Postbit Templates > Postbit
    Click Change Original

look for:
    Code:
    <normalfont><b>$post[username]</b></normalfont>
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <normalfont><a href="member.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=getinfo&userid=$post[userid]" target="_blank"><b>$post[username]</b></a></normalfont>
    Find:
    Code:
    <smallfont>$onlinestatus
       $post[profile] $post[pmlink] $post[useremail] $post[homepage] $post[search] $post[buddy]
       <!-- $ post[icqicon] --> <!-- $ post[aimicon] --> <!-- $ post[yahooicon] --> 
       </smallfont>
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <smallfont>$onlinestatus
       $post[pmlink] $post[useremail] $post[homepage] $post[search] $post[buddy]
       <!-- $ post[icqicon] --> <!-- $ post[aimicon] --> <!-- $ post[yahooicon] --> 
       </smallfont>
    Hope this is what you wanted to accomplish!
    Last edited by ManagerJosh; Mon 9 Jun '03, 11:49pm.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

ManagerJosh, thanks!
      That was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X