Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 2.3.0 - Speed issues

Hi,

I really need some help here. Ever since I updated from vB 2.2.5 to Vb 2.3.0, my forum has had some major speed issues. Pages take minutes to load now, but before the update, everything was running smoothly.

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to resolve it? The server load is next to nothing, so I don't think it's a hosting issue. I have the feeling that the database changes made fin 2.3.0 has messed everything up for me. I've tried the repair.php script, but apparently my tables don't support it or something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I don't know of any changes that would cause speed issues. Are you on a shared or dedicated server?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I don't know of any changes that would cause speed issues. Are you on a shared or dedicated server?
      Shared server. Everything was fine until I updated to vB 2.3.0. The main forums page loads up fine, but if you try to view any threads or forums, it takes forever to load up.

Comment

Does everyone have this problem? What is your connection speed?
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

IanW, it's a puzzle to me then. I've not heard of any significant speed differences from 2.2.5 to 2.3.0. Perhaps there were other changes to the server at the same time and this is just a coincidence.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by IanW
            Shared server. Everything was fine until I updated to vB 2.3.0. The main forums page loads up fine, but if you try to view any threads or forums, it takes forever to load up.

IanW, had you possibly changed your header template references in your earlier version to eliminate no cache headers?
            :p -=Xube ®
            ...it's just technology

Comment

Hi guys...

Thanks for all the advice so far. I'm going to check out Xube's suggestion when I get the time.

Everyone who posts on my board is having the same problem. Having said all this, my ISP did post an announcement recently stating that there were http issues with their CGI server. Supposedly, it's all been fixed and I have noticed a slight difference to the loading speeds. Still real slow at the moment when trying to access forumdisplay.php. Very weird.

Steve, it is a coincidence that this happened after I had upgraded. I wouldn't be surprised if my upgrade has caused the problem to occur in the first place.

Someone has suggested that I use the Optimize option in PHPAdmin, which will probably be my next step at this point.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far though.

Comment

Well, i've tried all the above and also tried Optimizing as well as repairing the database from PHPMyAdmin and the problem is still occurring. I've had to close my forum down as replying to posts is so slow, people are starting to double post. I can't understand it though, viewing threads and the main forum page seems to be fine. It's just when people try to post to the forum or try to get into a particular forum, the problems start to happen.

Anyone from vBulletin willing to have a look to see what they can make out what the problem is. I am willing to give temporary admin access to log into the board as I have run out of ideas.

Also, there is no way of reverting back to a previous of vBulletin is there? I regret not backing up my database now, but the database was 380MB big and I would have run out of disk space if I attempted to back that up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X