Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Most likely your system admin was changing something. If it happens again you need to contact him.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    again!!! got another error, now my forum wont load! it was working 1 min ago, i dont get this??

this is the error:
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'puregraffiti.com' (11) in /home/puregraf/public_html/forum/upload/admin/db_mysql.php3 on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

edited......

now the error disapered................................. can someone please tell me why its doing this?

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    Steve! Nevermind!!!!!! Somehow, the errors disapered!!!!!!!!! I just hope that I dont get this problem again.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabrina
    ok then when they do all this ill let you know, thanks
    Steve, this is what my tech did:

""I had a very senior tech look at your box this AM and determined that he
    could move the database and link back in such a way to make the change
    transparent to the server and its operation. The database is now located at
    /home/puregraf/mysql/ but has been symlinked back to its original location
    so that accessing it either way is the same. It is like the public_html and
    www folders on the websites, they are symlinked together and changes in one
    appears in both. This should allow the database to reside outside the /var
    while still appearing to the server to be there.

"""

So there is about 24 GIG of space free to be used by the database, can you please on in there now and try to fix the table error for me?

Thanks allot

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Yes I know that phpMyAdmin is in the control panel. That's what I have been using to try and fix your database. However your db does not load, hence my previous messages regarding this.
    ok then when they do all this ill let you know, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes I know that phpMyAdmin is in the control panel. That's what I have been using to try and fix your database. However your db does not load, hence my previous messages regarding this.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    Once they do that and get the permissions corret. then you should be able to open the database in phpMyAdmin and run this query:

REPAIR TABLE attachment;

If you cannot access the database in phpMyAdmin, it means there is still something wrong with the configuraion and/or permissions.
    I will ask you to do this once they moved it because i dont know were to run that or how to run it, but i know that phpmyadmin can be located at my control panel, and i have been able to access it so i dont know why u cannot, i juts went there and it loaded?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Once they do that and get the permissions corret. then you should be able to open the database in phpMyAdmin and run this query:

REPAIR TABLE attachment;

If you cannot access the database in phpMyAdmin, it means there is still something wrong with the configuraion and/or permissions.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    It is not a space issue now. The problem is that the database is inaccessible to repair.php and phpMyAdmin. I can't even access the database and it's tables to do any repairs.

As I said before, simply moving the database files will not work. MySQL also needs to be configured to access the db in the new location and the directories and files need to have the proper permissions and ownership. This is why I suggested freeing up some space in the original partition rather than moving the files.
    Ok steve i told them to move it back to that original drive, and to transfer 15 gigs to that drive from drive 3 which has 27 free gigs.

after they move it back and move space to it, ill let you know so you can go in there and try to fix this table problem ok?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It is not a space issue now. The problem is that the database is inaccessible to repair.php and phpMyAdmin. I can't even access the database and it's tables to do any repairs.

As I said before, simply moving the database files will not work. MySQL also needs to be configured to access the db in the new location and the directories and files need to have the proper permissions and ownership. This is why I suggested freeing up some space in the original partition rather than moving the files.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabrina
    well it is moved to a new area now so what are you saying, move it back? and then free space on it?

beacuse why free space in that area if it was moved? wouldnt the area it was moved to be were the space needs to be?
    Also, really, how is this a space issue?
    If the error has nothign to do with the space but rather the tables?

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    As I mentioned in your original ticket, he should free up space in the /var partition rather than move the databases. I'm trying everything I can, but your database just isn't responding.

well it is moved to a new area now so what are you saying, move it back? and then free space on it?

beacuse why free space in that area if it was moved? wouldnt the area it was moved to be were the space needs to be?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I've tried everything I can but your database will not load in repair.php or phpMyAdmin. All I can suggest is that whatever changes your Admin did seemed to have made the database inaccessible. I can't even recreate the attachment table if I wanted to.

Please contact your Admin. I'm afraid there isn't anything I can do. He's the only one that can straighten this out.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As I mentioned in your original ticket, he should free up space in the /var partition rather than move the databases. I'm trying everything I can, but your database just isn't responding.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina
    replied
    Did they reconfigure MySQL to point to the new database location? I am still waiting for your database to load and it's not responding.
    Im not sure if they did that, if they did, they did not tell me about it. Most likely they did not and just moved it..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X