Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invalid SQL:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I've tried everything I can but your database will not load in repair.php or phpMyAdmin. All I can suggest is that whatever changes your Admin did seemed to have made the database inaccessible. I can't even recreate the attachment table if I wanted to.

    Please contact your Admin. I'm afraid there isn't anything I can do. He's the only one that can straighten this out.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Steve Machol
      As I mentioned in your original ticket, he should free up space in the /var partition rather than move the databases. I'm trying everything I can, but your database just isn't responding.

      well it is moved to a new area now so what are you saying, move it back? and then free space on it?

      beacuse why free space in that area if it was moved? wouldnt the area it was moved to be were the space needs to be?

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Sabrina
        well it is moved to a new area now so what are you saying, move it back? and then free space on it?

        beacuse why free space in that area if it was moved? wouldnt the area it was moved to be were the space needs to be?
        Also, really, how is this a space issue?
        If the error has nothign to do with the space but rather the tables?

        Comment


        • #49
          It is not a space issue now. The problem is that the database is inaccessible to repair.php and phpMyAdmin. I can't even access the database and it's tables to do any repairs.

          As I said before, simply moving the database files will not work. MySQL also needs to be configured to access the db in the new location and the directories and files need to have the proper permissions and ownership. This is why I suggested freeing up some space in the original partition rather than moving the files.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

          Steve Machol Photography


          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Steve Machol
            It is not a space issue now. The problem is that the database is inaccessible to repair.php and phpMyAdmin. I can't even access the database and it's tables to do any repairs.

            As I said before, simply moving the database files will not work. MySQL also needs to be configured to access the db in the new location and the directories and files need to have the proper permissions and ownership. This is why I suggested freeing up some space in the original partition rather than moving the files.
            Ok steve i told them to move it back to that original drive, and to transfer 15 gigs to that drive from drive 3 which has 27 free gigs.

            after they move it back and move space to it, ill let you know so you can go in there and try to fix this table problem ok?

            thanks

            Comment


            • #51
              Once they do that and get the permissions corret. then you should be able to open the database in phpMyAdmin and run this query:

              REPAIR TABLE attachment;

              If you cannot access the database in phpMyAdmin, it means there is still something wrong with the configuraion and/or permissions.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

              Steve Machol Photography


              Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Once they do that and get the permissions corret. then you should be able to open the database in phpMyAdmin and run this query:

                REPAIR TABLE attachment;

                If you cannot access the database in phpMyAdmin, it means there is still something wrong with the configuraion and/or permissions.
                I will ask you to do this once they moved it because i dont know were to run that or how to run it, but i know that phpmyadmin can be located at my control panel, and i have been able to access it so i dont know why u cannot, i juts went there and it loaded?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Yes I know that phpMyAdmin is in the control panel. That's what I have been using to try and fix your database. However your db does not load, hence my previous messages regarding this.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                  Steve Machol Photography


                  Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Yes I know that phpMyAdmin is in the control panel. That's what I have been using to try and fix your database. However your db does not load, hence my previous messages regarding this.
                    ok then when they do all this ill let you know, thanks

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Sabrina
                      ok then when they do all this ill let you know, thanks
                      Steve, this is what my tech did:

                      ""I had a very senior tech look at your box this AM and determined that he
                      could move the database and link back in such a way to make the change
                      transparent to the server and its operation. The database is now located at
                      /home/puregraf/mysql/ but has been symlinked back to its original location
                      so that accessing it either way is the same. It is like the public_html and
                      www folders on the websites, they are symlinked together and changes in one
                      appears in both. This should allow the database to reside outside the /var
                      while still appearing to the server to be there.

                      """



                      So there is about 24 GIG of space free to be used by the database, can you please on in there now and try to fix the table error for me?


                      Thanks allot

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Steve! Nevermind!!!!!! Somehow, the errors disapered!!!!!!!!! I just hope that I dont get this problem again.

                        thanks

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          again!!! got another error, now my forum wont load! it was working 1 min ago, i dont get this??

                          this is the error:
                          Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'puregraffiti.com' (11) in /home/puregraf/public_html/forum/upload/admin/db_mysql.php3 on line 40



                          There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
                          Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

                          An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

                          We apologise for any inconvenience.



                          ................
                          edited......

                          now the error disapered................................. can someone please tell me why its doing this?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Most likely your system admin was changing something. If it happens again you need to contact him.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                            Steve Machol Photography


                            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                            Comment

                            Loading...
                            Working...
                            X