Invalid SQL:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That actually says:

...query limit by starting mysqld with the -O max_allowed_packet=# option (default 1M)
    Hence:

mysqld -O max_allowed_packet=#

..with # being the packet number. I'm not sure this is your problem though.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      That actually says:

Hence:

mysqld -O max_allowed_packet=#

..with # being the packet number. I'm not sure this is your problem though.
      I think it worked now, I hadnt put msqld infront of the command.. by the way, does this take a long time? becasue it seems like 10min have passed and still ive gotten no prompt line

well i just pressed ctrl + z and canceled that.. i tried it again and it said:

030608 22:10:36 Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port: Address already in use
      030608 22:10:36 Do you already have another mysqld server running on port: 3306 ?
      030608 22:10:36 Aborting

030608 22:10:36 mysqld: Shutdown Complete
      Last edited by Sabrina; Sun 8th Jun '03, 6:11pm.

Comment

you probably hate me by now........ but this is the status of mysql i got from root on telnet:

--------------
        mysql Ver 12.18 Distrib 4.0.12, for pc-linux (i686)

Connection id: 228
        Current database:
        Current user: [email protected]
        SSL: Not in use
        Current pager: stdout
        Using outfile: ''
        Server version: 4.0.12
        Protocol version: 10
        Connection: Localhost via UNIX socket
        Client characterset: latin1
        Server characterset: latin1
        UNIX socket: /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
        Uptime: 57 min 44 sec

Threads: 4 Questions: 3112 Slow queries: 6 Opens: 102 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 64 Queries per second avg: 0.898
        --------------

maybe there is somethign i can type while im here to fix this time out thing?

Comment

ok i I need to recreate the table attachment of the database as only that is having troubles.

how do i do this?

Comment

What do you mean? What are your most recent errors?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What do you mean? What are your most recent errors?
              Steve, I have opened another ticket, hopefully you guys can fix this problem as I have been going nuts about this.

I had my tech check everything and the problem he saw was an error on line 24 and he told me to recreate the table attachment of the database.

I was reading that thread about the tables on this section and how everyone has been having this trouble, I really think that this is the cause of my problems....

I have given full access to root server, and control panel for your staff and so hopefully they will be able to fix this.

Comment

If you recreate this table you will lose all attachments and possibly cause other problems with the database. This is why I wanted to know the exact error.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If you recreate this table you will lose all attachments and possibly cause other problems with the database. This is why I wanted to know the exact error.

well then i really dont know waht to do , i guess i will let your tech figure it out??? is there no solution to this?

Comment

It would have helped if you posted the error you are having. If the ticket is still unassigned I'll take a look in a few minutes. Nonetheless I will still need to know what error you are getting.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It would have helped if you posted the error you are having. If the ticket is still unassigned I'll take a look in a few minutes. Nonetheless I will still need to know what error you are getting.

in the ticket i filled i gave access to admin on my forum, since the forum is down i cant link you to it but you can log on to see the error.

i will copy and past it here:

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL:
                      SELECT
                      post.*,post.username AS postusername,post.ipaddress AS ip,user.*,userfield.*,icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
                      attachment.attachmentid,attachment.filename,attachment.visible AS attachmentvisible,attachment.counter
                      ,avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline
                      FROM post
                      LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=post.iconid
                      LEFT JOIN user ON user.userid=post.userid
                      LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid
                      LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar.avatarid=user.avatarid
                      LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar.userid=user.userid
                      LEFT JOIN attachment ON attachment.attachmentid=post.attachmentid
                      WHERE post.postid IN (0,2032,2059,2219,2231,2359,2363,2537,2776,2869,2879,2903,2966,2996,3101,3200,3471,3477,39 31,3959,3962)
                      ORDER BY dateline

mysql error: Can't open file: 'attachment.MYI'. (errno: 144)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Monday 09th of June 2003 04:00:24 PM
                      Script: http://www.puregraffiti.com/forum/up...p3?threadid=95
                      Referer: http://www.puregraffiti.com/forum/up...php3?forumid=2

Comment

I'm looking at it now. Your database isn't even loading for me in phpMyAdmin. It would be helpful to know exactly what your system admin did. It looks like the MySQL databases were moved to another partition somewhere.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm looking at it now. Your database isn't even loading for me in phpMyAdmin. It would be helpful to know exactly what your system admin did. It looks like the MySQL databases were moved to another partition somewhere.
                          Yes!!! it was moved, remember the whole no space problem?? well i told them to move it, this is where they moved:

I have moved the database puregraf_puregraffiti to /usr/puregraf_puregraffiti.

[email protected] [/var/lib/mysql]# df -h
                          Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
                          /dev/hda1 1.4G 155M 1.2G 12% /
                          /dev/hda3 41G 13G 27G 32% /home
                          none 236M 0 235M 0% /dev/shm
                          /dev/hda2 7.7G 5.9G 1.4G 80% /usr
                          /dev/hda5 3.8G 733M 2.9G 20% /var

Comment

Did they reconfigure MySQL to point to the new database location? I am still waiting for your database to load and it's not responding.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Did they reconfigure MySQL to point to the new database location? I am still waiting for your database to load and it's not responding.
                              Im not sure if they did that, if they did, they did not tell me about it. Most likely they did not and just moved it..

Comment

As I mentioned in your original ticket, he should free up space in the /var partition rather than move the databases. I'm trying everything I can, but your database just isn't responding.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                                X