Invalid SQL:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    You /var partition is 99% full. This is where the MySQL databases are stored. When MySQL tries to repair your attachment table, it first makes a backup of that table. However there is not enough space on the server to create the backup, hence the repair fails.

I looked through the /var directory - particularly /var/log - but there did not appear to be any unneccesary log files . Normally there are a lot of archive logs from exim (your mail server) which can be safely deleted. However in your case there were none. In fact I did not find anything that I felt comfortable deleting. And there's no way I'm going to take a chance on disabling your server.

I'm afraid you will either need to contact your hosting company for help, or wait until your system admin is available.

Thanks for looking into it, i contacted my tech and asked them to move it to another partition where there is more space, they said they will be working on it , so when that is done, i will run that repair again and see if that fixes the problem, if not ill let you know how things go.

thanks again

Comment

I don't think they will be able to move the MySQL databases out of the /var partition without some very significant changes to your server. It would be better for them to free up some space in that partition. Good luck.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well my tech managed to do the following:
        """I have moved the database puregraf_puregraffiti to /usr/puregraf_puregraffiti.

[email protected] [/var/lib/mysql]# df -h
        Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
        /dev/hda1 1.4G 155M 1.2G 12% /
        /dev/hda3 41G 13G 27G 32% /home
        none 236M 0 235M 0% /dev/shm
        /dev/hda2 7.7G 5.9G 1.4G 80% /usr
        /dev/hda5 3.8G 733M 2.9G 20% /var"""

Then the entire database seemed to be under root permission, so he fixed that.

I went to run the repair.php3 again but the problem still persists. When I try to access a thread within the forum, it gives me an error which reads the following:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL:
        SELECT
        post.*,post.username AS postusername,post.ipaddress AS ip,user.*,userfield.*,icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
        attachment.attachmentid,attachment.filename,attachment.visible AS attachmentvisible,attachment.counter
        ,avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline
        FROM post
        LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=post.iconid
        LEFT JOIN user ON user.userid=post.userid
        LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid
        LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar.avatarid=user.avatarid
        LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar.userid=user.userid
        LEFT JOIN attachment ON attachment.attachmentid=post.attachmentid
        WHERE post.postid IN (0,17797,17878,17942,17951,18544,18568,18592,18760,18909,19070,19189,19468,19486,19506,195 58,19637,19644,19668,19710,19823)
        ORDER BY dateline

mysql error: Can't open file: 'attachment.MYI'. (errno: 144)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Sunday 08th of June 2003 07:45:29 PM
        Script: http://www.puregraffiti.com/forum/up...3?threadid=589
        Referer: http://www.puregraffiti.com/forum/up...php3?forumid=2

I am running out of ideas, right now the space isnt a problem anymore neither is the permissions that were messed up, so I dont know what the problem is, any ideas?

Comment

mmh ... can you dump the table using mysqldump?

try using
          Code:
          mysqldump -uUser -pPassword -hHOST -e -l -K Database attachment > attachment.sql
          Last edited by Stadler; Sun 8th Jun '03, 4:07pm.
          Hints & Tips:
          [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

Comment

Originally posted by Stadler

try using
            Code:
            mysqldump -uUser -pPassword -e -l -K Database attachment > attachment.sql
            where do i put that?

im not very good at this
            thanks

Comment

You need to access your server through Telnet/SSH.

Or you'd ask your Host to do it.

btw: I've edited the code, adding -hHOST to it.
              Hints & Tips:
              [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

Comment

You need to run repair again. If it still doesn't work, then run this query in phpMyAdmin:

REPAIR TABLE attachment;

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I just ran: http://www.puregraffiti.com/forum/up...rum=vbdatabase

and I got this error:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL: USE vbdatabase
                  mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'vbdatabase'

mysql error number: 1044

Date: Sunday 08th of June 2003 08:11:02 PM
                  Script: http://www.puregraffiti.com/forum/up...rum=vbdatabase
                  Referer:

Comment

Use:

repair.php?html=1&check=1

...instead. If you still have this problem then it means your sysadmin has changed the database permissions and your db user no longer has access. You will need to ask him to fix this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Stadler

try using
                      Code:
                      mysqldump -uUser -pPassword -hHOST -e -l -K Database attachment > attachment.sql

Ok i just ran that, and this is what I got:

mysqldump: Got error: 1044: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'Database' when selecting the database

Comment

Then contact your sysadmin as I said. He has changed the database permissions and only he can fix it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Then contact your sysadmin as I said. He has changed the database permissions and only he can fix it.

Im going insane, my tech is driving me nuts, everytime they fix something, somethign else is messed up.

this is the error i got now from running that repair:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: REPAIR TABLE attachment
                          mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

mysql error number: 2013

Date: Sunday 08th of June 2003 09:19:54 PM
                          Script: http://www.puregraffiti.com/forum/up...html=1&check=1
                          Referer:

also, i got this error on the same page:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE session SET lastactivity=1055121502,location='',styleid=0 WHERE sessionhash='f09328b4f4a6f1b6f929bc895dd2e276'
                          mysql error: MySQL server has gone away

mysql error number: 2006

Date: Sunday 08th of June 2003 09:19:54 PM
                          Script: http://www.puregraffiti.com/forum/up...html=1&check=1
                          Referer:

any ideas now?

Comment

This is a also server issue. See this post for the possible causes of a lost connection error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...265#post310265

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This is a also server issue. See this post for the possible causes of a lost connection error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...265#post310265
                              I tried running the -O max_allowed_packet=# from root via telnet but it says bash: -O: command not found

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina
                                I tried running the -O max_allowed_packet=# from root via telnet but it says bash: -O: command not found
                                Steve, the forum seems to be working properly, but when i click to open a thread, it keeps "loading" and it never actually loads. i think it is timing out? thats why i wanted to run that command and maybe change that which can maybe help this problem

Comment

Working...
                                X