Syntax Error in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syntax Error in

ERROR 1064 at line 169638: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'replace varchar(255) NOT NULL,
    > PRIMARY KEY (id)
    > )' at line 4

What does it all mean?! lol. I really need help with this one.

What are you doing and what is the complete error message, including script info?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Could you give me the name of the file you receive this error on? Is this some sort of installation script? Also, if you could give me the full query I could better help you.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I was attempting to dump vbulletin.sql via SSH. And, that is the full message I got.

It wrote 29 out of 50 tables....

Comment

Open up your vbulletin.sql with a text/HEX editor and copy line 169638. Your dump is probably faulty or incomplete.

Comment

You got this while making a backup with mysqldump?

What version of MySQL are you running?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

INSERT INTO setting VALUES('121', '19', 'Delete \'cancelled\' messages?', 'pmcancelkill', '0', 'When users \'cancel\' messages in the message tracking area, would you like to remove the message completely? WARNING: Selecting \'yes\' could confuse users who have been notified by email about the message.', 'yesno', '17');

Line 169638

I got this while attemping to dump the file in SSH.

Comment

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  You got this while making a backup with mysqldump?

Comment

Hmmm...there shouldn't be any problems. Try running repair.php on the database to make sure there are no errors.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      Hmmm...there shouldn't be any problems. Try running repair.php on the database to make sure there are no errors.
                      Tried. Wouldn't run all the way through. Gave another error

Comment

This really doesn't make any sense. Did you make any changes to the setting table? Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and telnet/ssh.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Im stumped. But really I dont know where to pick up.

Comment

Working...
                          X