Strange PM Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange PM Problem...

One of my users complained yesterday about not being able to see her PMs. She said it showed she had a new one on the forum index page, but she didn't have any in her inbox. I checked the database and she did infact have 3 messages in her inbox, one of which was unread. She gave me her password and allowed me to log in as her to try and find the problem, but I haven't been able to figure it out. I tried sending her a message from my account and that one appears fine, but not the other 3. I've checked to make sure none of the users are on her ignore list, uploaded a fresh, unhacked version of private.php, changing some of the options of the problem messages in the database, and even tried repairing & optimizing the privatemessage table, but none of that has worked. I've attached a screen shot of the 4 messages she has in her inbox now (including mine) from phpMyAdmin to show that she does infact have messages there. I've about ran out of ideas on how to fix this, so if someone could help me out here it would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Spread Peace,
    Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

So did you see the messages when you logged into her account? If so, then the problem is on her end - perhaps firewall, ad-blockers or browser settings.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, the messages did not display for me either. At the moment there are 4 messages in her inbox (which you can see from the screenshot), but the only one that shows up when I logged in as her was the last one called "Testing..." that I sent.

By the way, she also has 1 message in her "Sent Items" folder which is not being displayed in the sent folder either...
      Last edited by PlurPlanet; Fri 6 Jun '03, 10:20am.
      Spread Peace,
      Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

We'll need access to see what's happening. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin, FTP and her login details.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          We'll need access to see what's happening. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin, FTP and her login details.
          Thank you sir. Will do now.
          Spread Peace,
          Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X