Timezone craziness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timezone craziness...

Well, a date command from my server results in "Fri Jun 6 13:35:52 PHT 2003", but oddly enough, vBulletin has to be set to GMT for it to display the correct time. Any ideas as to what could be causing this.

In the event there are other users who've experienced something similiar, I'm on a RackShack server running Ensim Webppliance 3.1.9-2 and time is synched with the US Naval Observatory.

What's 'PHT'? Personally I wouldn't worry about it if it works the way you want it to.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by sandstig
      Well, a date command from my server results in "Fri Jun 6 13:35:52 PHT 2003", but oddly enough, vBulletin has to be set to GMT for it to display the correct time. Any ideas as to what could be causing this.

In the event there are other users who've experienced something similiar, I'm on a RackShack server running Ensim Webppliance 3.1.9-2 and time is synched with the US Naval Observatory.
      Not really get what you mean, but I would say that, you have to set the correct TIME ZONE in both vBulletin option AND your profile option. It doesnt matter what your server's timezone is.

AND, you can set default time display for your forum, to be at some different zone. Require a tini hacking. Check www.vbulletin.org for the hack.

Anyway, i think this would be a very easy add on, for vB in the next version.
      Last edited by mtha; Fri 6th Jun '03, 9:40am.

Comment

Working...
      X