NOt sending emails out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOt sending emails out

My users are not getting the confirmation email, nor am I getting the email when a new user signs up. How can I check this?

Thanks
    Jason
    www.Z28.com
    Admin

Upload mailtest.php to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Using your email address as a test, what happens? Any errors? Do you get the email?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok, I ran Mail test. Everything went ok, I recieved the email fine without any error. But the Forum still isnt sending out emails? What is the next step to check it out?

Comment

The forums sends no mail at all - under any circumstances? Did you enable the mail options? Did you put your email address in the box to receive email when someone registers?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

By the way I just registered on your forums. You do not have email verification on, therefore it's not going to send any email.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Correct, it isnt sending anything out. I should be recieving a email with new member registrations, but I am not recieving that. Also the members should be geeting the cinformation email, but they are complaining they are not. So I am having to go in and approve the memer stat on them. I turned off the confirmation email untill I get this taken care of though.

Comment

correct, I turned that feature off until I could get the email problem fixed because i was having to many complaints

I can turn it back on if it would help?

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.
                  Remove tha Hacks??? How do I do that, an Ex-Friend of mine installed it for me. It is the one that is suppose to email me and tell me the percentage of a user to be someone else or something like that

Comment

Go ahead and fill out the support ticket. If it's something simple then I'll fix it. If not, you may need to repupload the original vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Can i just make you new registration an admin for you to check it out? Let me know so I can just put that in the support ticket pls

Comment

Just please provide the info I requested. A new admin is fine.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                        X